Episode 15.X (15.1) of Massa Testnet has NO breaking changes.
Therefore, you can simply update your node using the latest release. While there are still some possible issues that could arise (that’s the goal of a Testnet, right?), we would like to reach 3000 tx/s. We launched it with 1000 tx/s.
Testnet version TEST.15.1 is live. Testnet version TEST.15.1 is live. Genesis has started on October 10, 12:30 PM UTC. The episode will end on October 30, 3:00 PM UTC. The faucet is already available, registrations are opened, and scoring will start on October 13, 10:59 PM UTC, ends on October 29, 08:11 AM UTC. We will make an announcement. This time, no need to reset your wallets/keys. They will be retro-compatible.
Instructions to follow for this Episode:
- You can update your node using the latest release
- You can keep your current wallet and address
- Follow the install doc as usual on: https://docs.massa.net/en/latest/testnet/install.html
Most important changes:
- Stabilizing, cleaning and optimizing, using observations from testnet 14.
- unified balances: no more parallel vs sequential balance, there is now only one balance. It comes with a limitation however: externally owned accounts (accounts that have a public/private key) can’t host executable bytecode anymore. Only smart contract accounts can.
- the ExecuteSC operation now contains an extra binary Datastore, and the bytecode being executed has read access to that datastore. This paves the way towards being able to create a single “deployer” smart contract and using it to deploy various smart contracts without having to recompile — there is a preliminary state hash being printed on block finalization. This will allow us to make sure that the ledgers of different nodes are fully in sync and detect determinism problems. In the future it will be used as a PoS seed as well so that nodes with mismatched ledgers (form example due to a failed bootstrap) also desynchronize in consensus and reboot.
- storage costs: it now costs coins to allocate space in the ledger, and those coins are recovered when the allocated space is freed. This also implies that creating a new address that is currently not in the ledger costs extra coins. Addresses that are not present in the ledger cannot execute operations anymore (even with 0 fees). Please see https://docs.massa.net/en/latest/technical-doc/storage-costs.html.
To see the full list of changes, please follow this link.
Conclusion of the Episode 14, figures:
- Nodes: 6500+
- Transaction Throughput: 0 tx/s (we did not send transactions since Episode 13 due to a memory leak, not fixed with Episode 14)
- Block Throughput: 1.99 b/s
Our community figures:
- 4500 followers on Telegram
- 9900+ followers on Twitter
- 25000+ members on Discord
- 900+ followers on Medium
- 1100+ registered for our future newsletters
- 135+ followers on Reddit
- 13 non-official communities
- Since we announced our first partnership, with Plaine Images for a call for projects to be built on Massa, our team is reviewing the projects and teams who applied to it.
- We prepared our Beta of the Ambassadorship program. You can get information on our dedicated page.
Massa is a high-performance blockchain designed to be truly decentralized from the start. Massa testnet was released in July 2021, providing an easy way for anyone to test our protocol, and has been constantly improving since then.
- Website: massa.net
- Testnet explorer: test.massa.net
- Documentation: https://docs.massa.net/
- Source code and tutorials: github.com/massalabs/massa
- Telegram: t.me/massanetwork
- Discord: discord.gg/massa
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MassaLabs
- Reddit: reddit.com/r/massa/
- Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UChVfdvYpn0eFk4B-T7TGmOg