Dear Massa Community,
With this we would like to let you know all the good things that happened to Massa in 2022!
Massa Labs Team
We are about to start our Testnet Episode 18. But in the meantime, let’s take a look to what we achieved in 2022:
- February: Smart contracts
- April: Autonomous smart contracts, demonstrated at the Paris Blockchain Week Summit
- April – June: Gradual improvement of the transaction throughput, from 1,000 to 2,500 transactions per second
- May: Improvement of crypto primitives
- June: Node bootstrap with streaming
- July – October: Refactoring to improve code maintenance and updateability
- November: Testnet Stabilization and improvement of API documentation
- December: Gas calibration.
Find out more about our releases.
LATEST FIGURES FOR 2022
The Massa community is growing thanks to the rising interest in our blockchain technology and ecosystem.
- 6,444 testnet validators currently in our 17th episode (6,000 in episode 16)
- 33,178 members on Discord (23,000 in September)
- 15,400 followers on Twitter (6,900 in September)
- 5,336 people in our Telegram group (3,900 in September)
- 150 developers who joined our private channels to build on Massa (100 in September)
- 15 unofficial Telegram groups across 11 native languages (11 in September)
- 1,200 stars on our main GitHub repository (500 in September)
EVENTS IN 2022
- April 8: we participated to PIX, organized by Plaine Images, one of the biggest European hubs dedicated to creative industries.
- April 13: we held a workshop at Paris Blockchain Week Summit, and in particular introduced the first autonomous smart contracts.
- April 23: we animated Krypto-Hack, a Hackathon for students, along with Kryptosphere. Participants built various proof-of-concepts on Massa, such as a DEX, a mini-game, an NFT platform, a bridge and a blog.
- June 25: Damir Vodenicarevic, Massa CTO, participated in a roundtable at CoinAcademy IRL.
- July 20: Massa organized the Born to Build afterwork as a side event to EthCC Paris, in partnership with Axelar & KYVE Network as partners, with 250+ attendants.
- November 1st, 2022 – Born to Build 2 took place in Lisbon, with Axelar, Bundlr and KYVE Network as partners, with 200+ attendants.
- November 8 to 11 – Vincent Kersuzan, Massa CCO, gave a Keynote Speech at Token 2049 in London.
- November 16 – Sébastien Forestier, Massa CEO, was part of a panel at Open Protocol in Helsinki.
- November 18 to 20, 2022 – Gotta Go Hack & Massa organized a Hackathon in Paris.
- November 29 – Adrien Laversanne-Finot introduced Massa autonomous smart contracts at a DeFi France meetup.
- December 7, 2022 – Massa team attended Ledger Op3n in Paris.
- December 8, 2022 – Massa attended the Mastercard Innovation Forum in Paris.
EVENTS IN 2023
- January 11 to 13, 2023 – Sébastien Forestier, our CEO, will be speaker at the CfC St. Moritz in Switzerland.
- February 27 to 28, 2023 – Adrien Laversanne-Finot, our CSO, will be present at the Interop Summit in Denver.
- February 29 to March 5, 2023 – Adrien Laversanne-Finot, our CSO, will be present at ETH Denver.
- March 22 to 23, 2023 – Massa will sponsor the Paris Blockchain Week Summit as a Gold Sponsor.
SOME ARTICLES IN 2022
- Do we need yet another Layer 1? (cryptonews.com) (FR | DE | NL | TR | ES | PT | RU)
- 마사(Massa), 진입장벽 해소만이 가상화폐시장 활성화 할 수 있어 (ittimes.com)
- Massa lance son programme d’ambassadeurs pour développer son écosystème – Quels sont les avantages octroyés ? (cryptoast.fr)
- Massa, une blockchain multithreaded, CHRISTIE’S 3.0, Novaquark, le métavers autrement – Veille Web3 (servicesmobiles.fr)
- Révolution dans la Blockchain : Les premiers smart-contracts autonomes de la blockchain Massa arrivent (forbes.fr)
- Massa, the First Blockchain with Autonomous Smart Contracts (cryptonews.com)
- What is Massa? (fr.cointelegraph.com)
- Blockchain Revolution: First Autonomous Massa Blockchain Smart Contracts Are Coming (beincrypto.com)
SOME OF OUR PUBLICATIONS IN 2022
- Massa, the most accessible Layer 1 so far – November 30, 2022
- Securing the future of Web3 – with Thyra, on Massa – November 25, 2022
- Decentralization is non-negotiable – November 23, 2022
- Build Smart Contracts with Massa’s SC Playground – November 4, 2022
- Decentralization. Why should I care? – July 28, 2022
- Flashback — Our first Mass(h)ackathon | by Massa Labs | Medium – June 16, 2022
The ecosystem is just starting. Here are a couple of projects who already decided to build with us and that we can give you a glimpse about.
- 🐻 Bearby (try the wallet extension) – 🚀Join the community
- ⚡ Energy8 (try the wallet extension)
- 🐟 Dusa Labs (AMM) – 🚀Join the community
- 🌟 Star Origins (game)
- Ⓜ️ Metarchy (game)
- 🏎️ Masscar (game)
In the meantime, we would love if you could support us by following our social media accounts: